Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Hatton Country Park



On Saturday we took Noah to Hatton Country Park, despite it being very cold Noah had a great time, we got to see all the animals, including the guinea pigs which Noah took a real liking to. I can imagine in a few years time on the car journey home finding a guinea pig hidden in his jacket ;-) He liked them that much.

We went for lunch afterwards, where he was given a balloon. He had such fun with the balloon. Take a look at the video clip.



Noah didn't get on well yesterday at Nursery, I took him to Speech and Language before nursery and then dropped him in afterwards. He roared and roared. I went into another room to wait for him to stop crying as I would not leave while he was in such a state, after a long time he still wasn't settling so I went in to get him. I hate seeing him so upset, but obviously nursery will benefit him. He is still very young to be going to nursery and to be honest if he didn't have Down Syndrome I wouldn't be sending him. But he needs to start playing with other children and mixing with new adults to prepare him for pre-school. He has become very clingy and I am a great believer that things that happen in your childhood affect you in later life. Therefore I will not put Noah through anything that may traumatise him. He is going to be collected on the bus tomorrow and Pete will be putting him on so we will see how he gets on. Fingers crossed he will settle in just fine.

No comments: